On June 10th, the California Coastal Commission voted unanimously to approve a four-year permit to keep the year-round guideline rope up at Casa Beach through 2019. This victory would not have been possible without your support.
Want to hear what a seal pup sounds like? Please click the picture below.
Help us by making a tax-deductible donation of $10, $100, $1,000 or more.
Each dollar brings us closer to our goal of preserving the Casa Beach harbor seal rookery. THANKS!
or mail a check to:
Seal Conservancy of San Diego
PO Box 2016
La Jolla, CA 92038
All donations are tax deductible per IRS regulation 501(c)(3)
to Help Us Protect the Seals
What is the Seal Conservancy of San Diego?
- A non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation founded in 1999 to protect the Harbor Seal Colony of La Jolla at Casa Beach, 850 Coast Blvd, opposite Casa De Manana
- The only local organization exclusively dedicated to educating the public about seals and to advocating for enforcement of laws to protect the seals
- Consists of a Board of Directors, Docents, and supporting contributors
- Docents educate the public at the beach about seals and the need to protect them
- Docents monitor and report seal harassment at the beach
- Docents provide community outreach educational programs
- The Seal Conservancy of San Diego is the spokesperson for the seals in the media, in courtrooms, and in public debates
- The Seal Conservancy of San Diego does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Seal Conservancy of San Diego Mission Statement
- To preserve the La Jolla Harbor Seal Rookery for ecological, educational, scientific, historic and scenic opportunities.
- To create and administer a docent program which provides environmental education for the public and promotes safe viewing of harbor seals at Casa Beach.
Please use the drop down menu below to view page in a different language.