What is the Seal Conservancy of San Diego (SCSD)?
- A non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation founded in 1999 to protect the Harbor Seal Colony of La Jolla
- The only local organization exclusively dedicated to educating the public about seals and to advocating for enforcement of laws to protect the seals
- Consists of a Board of Directors, Docents, and supporting contributors
- Docents educate the public at the beach about seals and the need to protect them
- Docents monitor and report seal harassment at the beach
- Docents provide community outreach educational programs
- The SCSD is the spokesperson for the seals in the media, in courtrooms, and in public debates
Seal Conservancy of San Diego Mission Statement
- To preserve the La Jolla Harbor Seal Rookery for ecological, educational, scientific, historic and scenic opportunities.
- To create and administer a docent program which provides environmental education for the public and promotes safe viewing of harbor seals along the coast of Southern California.
Help us by making a tax-deductible donation of $10, $100, $1,000 or more.
Each dollar brings us closer to our goal of preserving the Casa Beach harbor seal rookery. THANKS!
or mail a check to:
Seal Conservancy of San Diego
PO Box 2016
La Jolla, CA 92038
All donations are tax deductible per IRS regulation 501(c)(3)
Please VOLUNTEER on Weekends
to Help Us Protect the Seals